Empire Polo Club.
Watch exciting live exhibition polo matches and explore 175 acres of beautiful grounds and special event venues such as Medjhool Lake and the Rose Gardens at the Empire Polo Club, Palm Springs largest events complex. For more information, go to www.empirepolo.net.
Anza Borrego Desert State Park near Indio, California.
Located about 45 minutes south of Indio, CA, Anza-Borrego Desert State Park is the largest state park in California, encompassing some of the most diverse desert landscape in the world. Hike to palm date oasis, view big horn sheep, and explore the marvels of California's gorgeous high desert landscape. For more information, visit www.parks.ca.gov
Boomer's Family Entertainment Center in Palm Springs, California.
Attractions at this family entertainment center include batting cages, bumper boats, an arcade, go-karts, miniature golf, and a rock-climbing wall. For more information, go to www.boomersparks.com/site/palmsprings.
Desert Adventures Tours in Palm Springs, California.
Explore the California desert on a jeep tour with Desert Adventures, located in nearby Palm Desert, CA. Have a wild ride through the rocky terrain to view geology and high-desert landscape on a tour guided by expert naturalists. For information and pricing, go to www.red-jeep.com.
The Gardens on El Paseo near Indio, California.
One of the great shopping villages in the country, browse and shop dozens of upscale clothing stores, jewelry stores, art galleries, and home furnishings shops. The center also features a number of upscale restaurants. For details and hours, please visit www.thegardensonelpaseo.com.
HITS Desert Horse Park.
Home of the Desert Circuit Horse Shows, where more than 1,500 horses compete every week for over one million dollars in prize money. Season runs January to March. For information, go to www.hitsshows.com/thermal/index.html.
Moorten Botanical Gardens & Cactarium.
A legendary Palm Springs attraction, the gardens contain 3,000 examples of desert cacti and other desert plants, including agaves, bombax, boojum trees, and a two-story Pachypodium. Walking paths take visitors past cactus gardens, crystal formations, fossils, and even gold-mine ruins. For more information, please visit www.moortengarden.com.
McCallum Theatre for the Performing Arts.
The Palm Desert Theater brings a wide variety of entertainment and cultural experiences to Palm Springs, including big names such as Tony Bennett, Sheryl Crow, Carol Channing, and the New York City Opera Company. For schedule and ticket information, go to www.mccallumtheatre.com.
The Palm Springs Air Museum.
Presenting one of the world's largest and most exciting collections of flying World War II warplanes, rare and original combat photography, original artworks, artifacts, memorabilia, uniforms, and documentaries. For information, go to www.palmspringsairmuseum.org.
Casinos in the Indio & Palm Springs Desert Area
- Aqua Caliente Casino, 32-250 Bob Hope Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA 92270 760-202-6068
- Augustine Casino 84-001 Ave. 54, Coachella, CA 92236 760-391-9500
- Fantasy Springs Casino 84-245 Indio Springs Dr., Indio, CA 92203 760-342-1539
- Red Earth Casino 3098 Norm Niver Rd., Salton Sea Beach, CA 92274 760-395-1200
- Spa Resort Casino 401 E. Amado Rd., Palm Springs, CA 760-325-3400
- Spotlight 29 Casino 46-200 Harrison St., Coachella, CA 92236 760-775-5566
Golf Courses in the Indio Area
- Heritage Palms Golf Club 44-291 Heritage Palms Dr. S, Indio, CA 92201 760-772-7334
- Indio Municipal Golf Club 83-040 Ave. 42, Indio, CA 92203 760-347-9156
- The Golf Club at Terra Lago 84-000 Landmark Parkway, Indio, CA 92203 866-465-3914
- Indian Palms Country Club 48-630 Monroe St., Indio, CA 92201 760-347-2326