Indio California Attractions & Things to Do in Palm SpringsWith our Indio, CA newly renovated and pet-friendly hotel as your home base, you can easily access all the attractions in the neighboring Palm Springs and Palm Desert areas. The Indio Super 8 is located in the heart of Indio's restaurant district and close to tourist destinations such as the Living Desert, Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, Indian Canyons, and top-rated golf courses and casinos.
Indio California Coachella Music Festival
One of the most anticipated music festivals of the year is now two weekends! Come join the fun April 13-15 and April 20-22 and stay at our Indio, California hotel, just minutes from the Empire Polo Club.
Indio California Upcoming Events:
2014 BNP Paribas Open Tennis Tournament
March 3-16, 2014
Palm Springs International Film Festival
Jan 3 - Jan 14, 2013
The festival will feature over 100 films from over 60 different countries, along with special events and gala receptions.
Fairs & Open Markets
Anza Borrego Desert State Park near Indio, California.Located about 45 minutes south of Indio, CA, Anza-Borrego Desert State Park is the largest state park in California, encompassing some of the most diverse desert landscape in the world. Hike to palm date oases, view big horn sheep, and explore the marvels of California's gorgeous high desert landscape. For more information, visit www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=638.
Desert Adventures Tours in Palm Springs, California.Explore the California desert on a jeep tour with Desert Adventures, located in nearby Palm Desert, CA. Have a wild ride through the rocky terrain to view geology and high-desert landscape on a tour guided by expert naturalists. For information and pricing, go to www.red-jeep.com.
HITS Desert Horse Park.Home of the Desert Circuit Horse Shows, where more than 1,500 horses compete every week for over one million dollars in prize money. Season runs January to March. For information, go to www.hitsshows.com/thermal/index.html.
McCallum Theatre for the Performing Arts.The Palm Desert Theater brings a wide variety of entertainment and cultural experiences to Palm Springs, including big names such as Tony Bennett, Sheryl Crow, Carol Channing, and the New York City Opera Company. For schedule and ticket information, go to www.mccallumtheatre.com.
Casinos in the Indio & Palm Springs Desert Area
- Aqua Caliente Casino, 32-250 Bob Hope Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA 92270 760-202-6068
- Augustine Casino 84-001 Ave. 54, Coachella, CA 92236 760-391-9500
- Fantasy Springs Casino 84-245 Indio Springs Dr., Indio, CA 92203 760-342-1539
- Red Earth Casino 3098 Norm Niver Rd., Salton Sea Beach, CA 92274 760-395-1200
- Spa Resort Casino 401 E. Amado Rd., Palm Springs, CA 760-325-3400
- Spotlight 29 Casino 46-200 Harrison St., Coachella, CA 92236 760-775-5566
- Heritage Palms Golf Club 44-291 Heritage Palms Dr. S, Indio, CA 92201 760-772-7334
- Indio Municipal Golf Club 83-040 Ave. 42, Indio, CA 92203 760-347-9156
- The Golf Club at Terra Lago 84-000 Landmark Parkway, Indio, CA 92203 866-465-3914
- Indian Palms Country Club 48-630 Monroe St., Indio, CA 92201 760-347-2326